.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Saturday night and nothing to do.

There are thousands of these things on the internet. I have no doubt that there are some people who would take this as a challenge, and would attempt to distinguish themselves in the eyes of their fellow net mollusks by going through some quasi-creative gyrations, I suffer no such impediment.

Today's rant:
What's up with people saying that they want to be writers? I hear this all the time; "Someday I want to be a writer...". I have news for you people, if you can write you are a writer. You may not be very eloquent, you may not be very good, you may not be able to spell correctly, you may not be able to write anything more creative than a laundry list, but you are a writer. This doesn't mean that you will be published, or that you deserve to be.
The reason most people say that they want to be writers is that they think it makes them sound more interesting. The problem is that they don't think of all the other interesting potential goals that they could have. You almost never run into an aspiring bonsai sculptor, but I think this is due to the fact that we all harbor a primal fear that god is actually a tree, and that there is a very special hell reserved for those who torture plants purely for pleasure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very warped individual.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter