.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Monday, May 22, 2006

This isn't really going anywhere.

For the most part I neither like nor understand people.

Sometimes I can like or understand a person,
but I suck at people.

I spent a fair chunk of my life trying to learn about people, and convince myself to like them.

It didn't work.

For the most part they seem to laugh at things that aren't worth laughing at.

Very few, in my experience, have caught on to the big joke.
The complete absurdity of our existence on this planet.
The utter futility of our actions, and the infinitesimal impact on the larger existence, of the lives which we all hold so dear.
The unimportance of "The important things".
The weight of our "inconsequential" actions.

They take themselves seriously.


For the most part I neither like nor understand people.

And for their part the majority of people tend to return the favor.

2 Comments:

Blogger middleagesteve said...

it is what it is............do you have any idea how many people feel exactly like you, all over the world

3:33 PM  
Blogger Murph said...

Nope, never really got a chance to travel the world (also, there's the not being a people person thing).

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter