.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Last one out, kill the lights.

It's a strange sensation walking away from a job that I've had for almost 12 years to take an entry level position doing something completely different.

Almost like losing a part of myself.
Not in the 'I can't go on' way
more in the way of getting an infected tooth pulled.
Sudden cessation of a pain I didn't know I had
because it had been there so long I'd forgotten about it
and now every day is an exercise in remembering
who and what I was before I became 'Murph, corporate managerial jack-off'.

Like waking up after a particular bad drunk
and realizing that I can't remember where I put my pants.



But I finally get to use my degree for something more than a coaster, so there's that.
And the people seem nice for a change.
And the benefits aren't too bad either.
And I might actually have a chance to help some folks for a change
instead of just capitalizing on their misfortune.
So there's that.


Still, it feels strange sleeping regularly.

Thus begins the era of 'Murph, tool for The Man'.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter