.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Winters 'acomim.

Its Tuesday, but it feels like Sunday.
Today it was overcast,
a wonderful light drizzle that smelled of the ocean,
though I'm a full 4 1/2 hours from the coast.
Mixed with it the smell of mountain cloud mist,
the unmistakable snap of autumn cold that tells me there will be snow on the ground soon.

It has been several years since we had a really good winter up here. We are overdue for one, to close the roads, shut down power, and send all the city transplants scurrying for the safety and cover of their climate controlled origins.

The mountain is waking,
her air is restless,
and the parasites on her skin have become bothersome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter