.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Damn turkeys.

Watching a wild tom pace back and forth in front of a length of hurricane fence.
Too frightened to come toward me,
instead attempting an escape through bars that are just slightly too narrow.
Suspended slightly above ground,
facing away from me,
legs kicking,
with that mournful yet frightened chirping.
Too stupid to go around,
too lazy to spread his wings,
unwilling to flap and flop his way over to the other side and freedom,
alone and jilted by his failed attempt at wooing a stump.
Panicked and silly and at his wits end,
finally gently persuaded to take flight.
A wing, a prayer, and the humor of a stranger.
Damn lucky I don’t feel like plucking turkey today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter