.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Fifteen Cheers for Efficiency.

We just finished a round of budget and personnel cuts where I'm currently working.

The efficiency experts came through with their red markers and hatchets and decided which of us were redundant, and of course how many of the peons were getting paid too much.

Many of us received at the best a wage freeze (all in the name of shrinking budgets and the almighty bottom line) The unlucky ones, the ones who maybe used more than half of their sick leave in the past year, or failed to kiss the correct asses, received summary termination.

With that in mind you can imagine my reaction this past Tuesday when, while working with four other stressed out peons, I happen to look up and see not one but seven managers standing around smoking cigarettes, leaning on the wall with their hands in their pockets, watching us.

Each of these individuals makes at least twice what I make, I am better educated and better trained than five of them, I have more actual on the job experience than four of them.

Management wonders why morale is low and the employees all seem to have attitude problems.

1 Comments:

Blogger Murph said...

I just keep my fingers crossed that some day the big boss will come by while thats happening. To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind if all they did was sit around smoking cigarets, its when they decide to give orders that things get ugly.

Glad your back kiddo. Hope things are going well.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter