.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 2006

So I took a few days off work (for the first time in more than a year), and spent this last weekend at my sisters wedding. Saw some folks that I hadn't seen in a long time, met some folks that I hadn't seen at all. Drank lots of good beer, some bad beer, some good mead, some bad liquor, and so forth. Listened to a really good blues band who worked the gig for (almost literally) peanuts. Worked a bit for setup and tear down. Exchanged a few phone numbers, danced like a drunken fool, ate too much, and generally had a bit of a time.

I didn't realize until later that it was the first time in more than a year that I felt like a human being.

I wonder if that's why I don't take time off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter