.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Some days I want to watch the world burn

They are expendable.
We are expendable.
So why does any of it matter?

Power does what it wants, that's true enough, but why is it allowed to?

Example:

I found a light,
a few months past.

A light that made me smile,
though it was far from my reach.
And that was ok, I had a smile, and a light.

I rarely see light anymore,
it still makes me laugh,
makes me smile when I think it's no longer an option.

And times got hard as they always do,
and power exercised itself as it is want to do,
and "traded" for what it wanted,
and took what it wanted.



And I'm told everything's ok...



But if everything's ok then why is my face flushed?
If everything's ok why does my stomach roil?
If everything's ok why do I yearn for that old familiar wonderful horrible metalic sickly sweet cacophony of smells?
If everything's ok why does my mind scream even while my mouth is silent?





If everything's ok...
then where did the light go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter