.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I need to start drinking again

Sometimes I envy the sociopath.

It just seems like it must be a very relaxing and profitable existence.

No attachment.

No love.

No pain.

No regret.

No responsibility.

No duty.

No joy.

No sorrow.

No highs.

No lows.

No emotion.

No distractions.

No baggage or drama to muddle the thinking.

No "moral compass" to interfere with the plans.


Nothing but drive, energy, and a goal.

I often wonder if they aren't just a little more advanced than the rest of us.

After all, we are socialized to believe that attachment is weakness, and that weakness is meant to be exploited or manipulated as a means of control.

This lesson is hammered home daily in our dealings with our governments, our media, our employers, and our fellow humans.

So it stands to reason that, if one clears ones mind of attachments one is no longer weak, and can no longer be controlled, exploited or manipulated.

It further stands to reason that one who can not be controlled, exploited, or manipulated is truly free.




I wonder if it's as blissful as it sounds.

I wonder if the trade-off is worth it.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter