.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Interesting

So I noticed something odd the other day.

Blogger now has a feature on it that tells me how many folks view the blog in a given day, and (more or less) where they're from.

Sometime in the last month the majority of people looking at this blog moved from the U.S. to the Russian Federation...  

Hmmm, kinda makes me wonder if I've got a famous (or infamous) follower.


What I find really kinda disturbing is that, when I'm posting negative fucked up things on here, most of the views seem to be from the U.S.
But when I'm saying that things are improving, most of them are from other parts of the world...

Now it could just be coincidence.  I mean it's quite possible that some tracking software keeps pinging this site fishing for data, or that I'm just being viewed by international advertising bots.

 But wouldn't that be one hell of an interesting study on cultural influences regarding the preferred type of online entertainment?

Oh well, someone smarter (and richer, and with a lot more free time) will have to worry about that.


Interesting for other reasons. 

I don't claim to be particularly worldly, I've traveled some, and been to a few countries for various reasons, but I'm not a jet setter.

But one thing that I have noticed is that, regardless of location, language, or culture, once you strip away the social control structures (government, religion, etc.) and just talk to people as people, almost all of us want the same thing. 

With the exception of some fairly sick fuckers (who unfortunately seem to be running this sad old world of ours), most folks seem to want some food, a nice place to live, a little land to call their own, some entertainment, someone to share it with.  We want to feel useful, we want to be good at what we do, we want a little respect, and a bit of security for their old age. 

Funny that.

We spend our entire lives fighting with one another, swindling one another, creating laws and governments and gods to control one another...
But at the end of the day, the vast majority of us (at least the vast majority of the folks I've met wandering around this little lump of rock and water) seem to want most of the same things.

Oh well, it's late, I'm tired...

I'm thinkin' too much...
A sure sign that I need to get laid.

Good night inter-web, wherever you are.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter