.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Damned disconcerting

Guess it's time.

Time to dust off the ole profile and plonk myself down (ready or not) into the wide and wonderful (see morbidly fascinating and creepifying) world of internet dating.

Thing is, I've never been able to take internet dating seriously.  I mean it's near impossible for me to fill out those goofy little questionnaires with anything resembling a serious attitude...  

But I'm not much of one for bars, I work god awful weird hours, and I can't bring myself to haunt the craigslist hookup pages and play the man-whore (though a part of me wishes I was comfortable in that world).

The fact is, over the years I've had enough tweekers, dopers, scam artists and prostitutes in my life. 
I really don't need help finding anymore...
If anything, I need help keeping them away.

So I guess that leaves the internet dating sites.

I'll line up with all the other damaged, deranged, unlovable, and unusable human detritus, and hope that someone from the other side (likely also as damaged, deranged, etc.) is willing to take a shot.

Ain't technology grand?





Hell, it probably won't be that bad.
I have faith in the beauty, decency, and compassion of my species.
Maybe if one of 'em sells my kidneys on ebay they'll take pity on me and offer up a cut of the profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter