.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Should have been smarter

One function of getting older is that it seems I never run out of ways to be disappointed in my own performance.

After all this time I really thought I was smarter, or at least had the experience and knew how the world worked.


Try as I might I keep falling for those three painful lies.

1. I love you.
2. I care what happens to you.
3. I would never do that to you.


I'll tell myself that the last couple of years have made me smarter, and I won't fall for it next time... But deep down I know otherwise.  I knew it was bullshit last time, even decided I was unfit for the "game".  But eventually I was drawn back in, found someone I thought was different and ended up disappointing myself all over again.

First world problems, I know.  But it's been a long couple of months (with no end in sight for a time)  and I'm feeling the need to be a whiny little pussy on the internet.

At least I can take solace in the likelihood that (based on the judicious placement of assumed keywords) the only people reading this blog belong to one of the organizations responsible for my governments omnipresent data mining operations.

Done for now.

Time to man up and get on with my week.






And one other thing, why the hell does the spellchecker expect me to capitalize internet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter