.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Thursday, June 06, 2013

A pity

Our generation,
the one before it,
the one following it,
all seem to lack the gift of oratory.

We don't speak anymore,
we read cue cards or teleprompters.

We don't debate anymore,
we simply have contests of volume.

We don't think anymore,
we parrot marketing slogans,
bumper stickers,
pat answers and pop psychology.

Sometimes I'm reminded that we could have been so much more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter