.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Civilization

So the other day I'm walking my sister's dog, and she [the dog], on seeing another dog, starts wagging her tail, barking and yapping, and making the doggy friendly face (you know the one, tongue hanging out, ears up, big openmouthed smile).  And the other dog does the same.  The person walking the other dog, however, has what I can only describe as a full blown apoplectic panic attack, and then starts screaming at her dog, my [sisters] dog, and at me as if she thinks some puppy deathmatch is about to ensue.

 I should explain, the dog I was walking is a black lab/basset mix.  She has the body and coloring of a lab, but her legs are only about four inches long.  The other dog was a smallish to mid-sized border/aussy mix of some sort (with maybe something else's thrown in, you know, your average midsized happy mutt).  Neither seems to have the temperament of an animal that particularly likes actual fighting.

 So she's in a panic, which means that now the dogs are starting to panic.  So I'm trying to calm the dogs, and this woman starts yelling at me about how my vicious (smaller, slower, older) dog was provoking her baby etc.  (her dog is looking at her, and my sisters dog, and her and my sisters dog with that 'hey mom, can we go play' look).  And she [the crazy woman] starts making like she's going to call the cops.

At this point I should mention that neither the dogs, nor the people ever got within fifteen yards of each other.

So I dig out my phone and make like I'm going to call the cops too, and then pretend to call a lawyer. 

She [crazy mc-douchebag] then pockets her phone and mutters something about how she wasn't looking for a fight, and storms off with her dog in tow (both dogs kinda looking confused and a little upset that they didn't get to play together).

Funny how the sloppy animals can get along better than the civilized sapiens.


Folks wonder why I don't like people. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter