.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Olfactory offer in a Winco checkout

Musty, tangy, rusty, warm
sweat and steamed mushrooms
unwashed clothing and stale smoke
hidden less than artfully under perfumed soap
warm seaweed, fermenting urine
metallic bitter twang of spent hormones
carrion warm copper oxide of hidden blood
stale compost of weeks old decomposing alcohol
slight whiff of talcum

Nature's little gift to me,
though some may choose to dis-believe,
a gift that (when the eyes deceive),
warns me when it's time to leave.

[ok, yeah, that was pretty awful. But hell, I haven't slept much this month]



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter