.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fancies, Feelings, and Felines

It's been an interesting few weeks.


I don't really have the energy to get too into it right now, but I'm sure I will later.

Meanwhile, here are the bullet points (and I know there are some out there who love bullet points)

  • The Good

I've been scoring side work in unexpected places at just about every turn.  Stuff that I actually want to do, or am interested in doing instead of just jobs that pay the bills.  (This is a new and wonderful, if totally unexpected situation).

  • The Bad

At the same time, it has been brought home to me that things on the romantic front are completely and totally over.   I knew they were over, but when (for the fourth or fifth time) a person travels four hours to my area, and makes absolutely sure I know that she visited everyone she knew here EXCEPT me, well, I get the hint. 

I got an email from her today saying that she'd sent out a box of stuff that I left at her place.  I think we may have reached that point where that's all we have left.  Returning each other stuff, and sending the occasional awkward email. 

I've been putting it off for a while, sending the box with her stuff in it,  because it feels so final.  The last little bit of 'us' exiting my life.

But I've had most of a year to figure out where I stood, and the cold shoulder, strictly business/professional colleague attitude is a more than adequate indication of just how little our time together meant to her. 

I think this will have to be the week.

Such is life.

  • The Ugly

So there's this cat that lives in my neighborhood.  I don't know if it has a home or not, but it's decided to try to adopt me (or at least, to adopt my truck).  I can't really describe what it looks like, except to say that it appears to be well fed, and looks like it may have been vomited up by a somewhat larger cat. 

Anyway, it keeps trying to force it's way into my home when I open the door, and has taken to sleeping either right outside the back door, or on the hood of my truck (a position it will not relinquish unless I turn on the windshield wipers... Seriously, I turned the truck on, honked the horn, shooed it away, actually put the truck in gear and moved it a bit, hit the brakes suddenly, etc.  It just kinda laid there and gave me dirty looks).


Damn weirdness.

But it's my weirdness (and at least it's entertaining).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter