.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Creatively deaf


So since I started losing my hearing a few years back I've had to adjust to a lot of new things.

And one of the more interesting adjustments has been listening to music with stereo headphones.

Songs that are familiar, that I've been listening to for my entire life, take on a whole new, and sometimes hauntingly beautiful feel when you can only hear half of the tracks.


For example.

Try to listen to only the left channel of the following song.  (It completely changes the feel of the songs intro when you can't hear the guitar after the choir. )

Try it, and then think of how strange it would be to spend a decade or so listening to everything like that...

It's kind of interesting.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter