.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Something smells like summer.

Todays Rant:
 
Mid July always reminds me of those advertisements I see on television pitching items with "summer fresh" or "country fresh" scent. 
 I don't know how to break it to the folks who think these things up, but summer in the country doesn't smell like lilacs, or expensive perfume, or anything like that. 
By mid July most rural areas, that is to say most of the rural areas that I have lived in, tend to smell more like sweat, and burning grass, and fire, and spilled beer, and dehydrated animal shit...
Diesel exhaust, tar, and road kill boiling in the sun...
Can't beat the summer fresh scent.   





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter