.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Nasal Intercourse

Water stains on faded wall paper,
slight whiff of mildew,
damp concrete,
rusting iron,
a prison without walls.

Eyes closed,
a picture without sight unfolds,
offering glimpses of another time,
another life,
another world.

The smell of old fire,
screams echoing through an otherwise silent forest,
distant touch of a far away dream,
the soft crunch of dry grass underfoot,
and a tang of copper in night air.

The buck with the split hoof,
from a distance I sense him moving,
I know his heart,
I know his desire,
I know where he will be in the morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger opalina said...

I love your work. I hope you don't mind, but i put a link to you on my blog..-Z

4:29 PM  
Blogger Murph said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever been "linked to" before... Very cool.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter