.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Nothing important.

Remember me?
Partner in crime,
out to save the world,
or take it over.

You always had the glitter,
calling coins and cons,
rolling knucklebones with impunity,
never constrained by the numbers.

Today I saw you,
didn't see me,
wouldn't see me,
couldn't see me.

Another mindless drone,
ball bearing in the machine,
anonymous shadow skirting the corners,
single note in the ceaseless background noise.

Answer your cell phone,
cough or blink and I begin to fade,
one more pointless daydream,
a trivial distraction in an already hectic world.

Don't forget your purse,
pda,
keys,
phone.

Hope it works out for you,
we'll have to do this again sometime.
I'll see you around,
you won’t see me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter