.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3AM freeway.

 
 
 
No light beyond the moon, the stars, the 25 candlepower lamp.
 
No noise to speak of, the constant click of well oiled chain as it travels between glistening teeth, greased bearings whirring in the moonlight. 
 
Distorted by the roar of wind in the trees, distant surf crashing against sea walls, rhythmic controlled breathing, sonar chirps of bats and the hunting calls of nocturnal fauna...
 
Constant exposure to anything can cause a person to take it for granted.
 
Change is necessary to shake us from our complacency and strengthen our sense of wonder.
 
I can't believe I forgot how beautiful the night can be.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter