.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Observation

When I was younger I tended to do things intended to leave me feeling numb and dead.
I drank
I smoked
I worked too much
I was withdrawn
I lived a fairly spartan lifestyle.

Getting older I've given up many of those things, and find myself doing more things that make me feel more vibrant and alive.
I exercise more
enjoy the occasional toke when it's offered
I'm much more social
and get laid a lot more often (if not in recent months )

I still work too much, because it's better than not at all, but I don't do it with the same panicked urgency I had in my teens and twenties.

I think the old folks are right when they say that youth is wasted on the young.

And I can't help but wonder if these are my first tentative steps toward becoming one of those skydiving octogenarians, or just my half-assed attempt at a pathetic little mid-life crisis.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter