.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm now officially a corporate tool

So my sister finally managed to open her shop this weekend, and because I gave her my motorcycle to sell so that she could use the proceeds to help in this endeavor, I now own five percent of her company.  (I may end up taking labor cost in percentage as well).  So it's taken my entire life, but I'm now a corporate tool... As soon as she gets underlings, I'll be able to tell them what to do 5% of the time... or something like that. 

One of my co-workers was giving me shit about spending all my off hours working for free.

I told him that it wasn't really that different from all the other employers I've had.

All of them have (at one point or another) found some creative way to get me working for free.  It's the corporate way, work for a company long enough and eventually they'll find an excuse to diddle your wages, or (often under threat of layoff or termination) coerce you into starting before you're on the clock, or working after you're off the clock, or through your unpaid breaks, or on your days off... Or calling you in for 'just a few minutes' to handle something.  The only real differences are that I am doing it voluntarily now, and I'm doing it to line the pockets of someone I actually like.

Murph, corporate tool...

Kinda has a ring to it, don't ya think?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter