.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Headache, heartache, and hillbilly heroin


Ugh, can't seem to shake this bug.

Been fighting it for weeks.  Along with bouts of severe insomnia interspersed with days of total fatigue. 

Everyone seems to have this bug, but nobody seems to know how long it takes to run it's course.

 Nobody's completely over it yet.

I'm really tired of being sick.


And taking time off doesn't help.

Sitting home alone and feeling shitty.

Laying in bed alone and feeling lonely.

It's amazing the things you remember when you have nothing else to occupy your time.

All the good times laying awake laughing my ass off with her over whatever goofy thing we were talking about, till the wee hours of the morning.

The warmth.

The kindness.

The companionship.

But I can't control what someone else feels, no matter how much I may wish it otherwise.

I'm really sick of being lonely.


In other news, it seems that (thankfully) it's looking like the relative I was concerned about is turning a corner finally.  Putting in for work again (with a couple of decent prospects) and is in the process of cleaning up from almost all of the substances that they have been abusing for the last several months.

I'm hopeful.

When we spoke earlier I mentioned that it would get worse before it got better, but that I was proud and happy that things were going the way they were, and that I was still there to offer whatever support was needed.

At least she seems to understand that its a long road, not a short trip.

But for now (knuckles knocking) I think we're leaving the woods, if not yet completely clear of them.


It's Monday

I've had six hours of sleep in the last three days

I have to be at work in less than two hours...


Things are going well, or as well as they ever do, so why do I feel old?




<br />



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter