.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fires, Pestilence, and the De-evolution of the Species.

I think there's something in the air up here,
maybe something going around.

The whole town seems on edge these last few days.

Normally mild mannered folks are going ape shit
and our normally ape shit eccentrics and tweekers are either seeking cover or taking it to the next level.

In three days, in one three block area we've had four fires,
two sexual assaults,
and a person stabbed with a machete.

That's in one small neighborhood (and not a very bad one either).

The loud students are subdued,
trying not to draw attention to themselves.

The usual dealers and panhandlers are rarely venturing out,
their prized corners and territories either empty,
or temporarily appropriated by people too naive to know somethings wrong,
or to desperate to care.

Even the crooked cops seem to have lost their swagger,
hunkered down and waiting,
taking inventory and making plans.

Every one's on edge and nobody seems to know why.

The entire town is acting like this.
Hell, the entire county.

If this were a big city I'd say it was riot weather, but we don't have the population pressure.

If it's like this now, I really can't wait to see what this county turns into next month.

Harvest season is always exciting up here,
and it's still a good six weeks away.

But I get the feeling that somethings coming,
I don't think I'm alone in thinking this,
and I don't think any of us are going to like it when it arrives.

Oh well, off to bed.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter