.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lady Godiva of the Checkstand

So I'm waiting in line at the grocery store this evening I'm stuck behind this mostly naked lady in front of me who spent a good five minutes having a hollered conversation with a friend of hers on the other side of the store (not a small store, a full sized supermarket) WHILE the cashier was waiting for her to finish her order.  The cashier was so irritated that he spent a good three minutes complaining about it to me after she left (saying repeatedly that the homeless people who live behind the store are usually more considerate and respectful than these two tweekers were).

I mumbled some reply about how I could understand, having worked retail in this town before (when the drug problem was actually somewhat worse than it is now), but what I was really thinking was 'I wonder what she was like ten years ago'.  Was she always loud and obnoxious, or is that a symptom of the dope, or the things she's had to do to buy the dope.  I could see the hard use on this woman, who probably is younger than I am.  I could see the pock marks, and the gristle lumps on her face from being beaten, and the low sag and gyration of her over used and well fondled breasts. 

The cashier was venting about the attitude, and all the while the only thing I could think was that she was probably fairly attractive once.  And (as I often do when I have a chance to think about things) I found myself wondering where the turn in her life was.

I'm thinking too much.

A sure sign that I need to get laid









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter