.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Or maybe not

I once had a very unhappy young lady tell me that most guys just view a woman as a pair of tits and a hole.

There are times when I can admit that she was probably right.

The odd thing was that she never seemed willing to accept or wrap her head around the concept that (at least in my experience) most women just view guys as a walking dildo with a wallet.

I figure it kinda evens out.

It's not just her either.
I think there really is an accepted double standard there.

I'll give an example.

Go on any online dating site, and in a ten minute period see how many male profiles say something like "I'm just looking for an attractive woman to suck my dick and make me breakfast".

Write down the number.

Then, on the same site, spend the next ten minutes seeing how many female profiles say something like "I just want a 'real man' who will eat me out and buy me shit (or pay to raise the kids that I got off some other asshole)".

I think you'll find the numbers are about the same.

And there's a very good reason for this.

We're all looking for something.

Every single one of us, whether we choose to admit it or not;
we're all using each other, at least part of the time.

We're all scum.

This is the societal norm.
This is the standard of accepted behavior.
This is the benchmark of our species.
The goal that we (regardless of what lies we tell ourselves to the contrary) aspire to.

The assholes, the players, the users and abusers and gold diggers;
they are the evolutionary pinnacle of our species.

Just like us, only slightly more advanced.

They lack the impulse control that restrains the rest of us, which means that they (for the most part) are far more honest than the rest of us.

In the end, romantic love (not affection, or familial love, but that burning passionate feeling you get when you're 'In love' with someone) really just boils down to emotional instability, brought on by hormonal imbalance, precipitated by our desire to mate and pass on our genes.

For those of us who are mutants, the fact that we don't necessarily want our genes to be passed on does nothing to ameliorate the rather unpleasant side effects of said imbalance.

It's what's kept our species alive (and made a fortune for writers, romanticists, entertainment moguls, perfumers, flower arrangers, singers, song writers, marriage counselors, and attorneys).

When you think about it, ain't life entertaining?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter