.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Bummer

So I had this friend growing up.

Not a terribly close friend, but a friend none the less.

And he was one of the few people from that area who I knew, who managed to get his picture in a major newspaper without killing someone or committing some horrible act.

Now we hadn't seen each other in probably fifteen years, but we still kind of kept in touch with the same people.  He had his career, I had my series of random jobs that I took to keep food on the table (and try to stave off boredom).  But I always was kind of happy that this guy managed to find something he loved, that he was good at, and could make a name at without causing harm to other people.

I know that sounds a little dramatic, but there weren't a whole lot of options for some of the folks I grew up with, and it's always nice to hear that someone made it.  (Especially if that someone wasn't one of the well-to-do).



Anyway, I got word that he was killed yesterday.

All accounts are that he was doing something he loved at the time, and things just went wrong.  (and I truly hope that was the case)

He went out on his terms, at the top of his game, as one of the top people in his chosen field.

It's still a bummer, but we should all be so lucky.




Cheers Sean.

I'm sure someone will spark one for ya in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter