.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Reflections on an old fart in training.

Well its finally happened. No apocalypse or nervous breakdown or major earthly upheaval(all of which I was kinda looking forward to in my perversion), just a passing date on the calendar and I make the not-so abrupt transition from whipper-snapper to old fart. The 20 year old dipshit that we just hired told me that he would have to start calling me "sir", but I quickly divested him of that notion by providing a sampler of the names that I would be glad to assign to him in return (I also mentioned that he shouldn't trust anyone over 30, but I don't think he bought it). Funny, doesn't seem like that long since I was a 20 year old dipshit; guess I'll have to settle for being a 30 year old dipshit. I figure thats not such a bad deal though, men in my family have a tendency to die young so this is almost an achievement (my great grandfather died at 42, and all my grandparents were dead by the time I turned 15). The most important thing about today, however, is that it is my thursday, which means that tomorrow is my friday (and my payday), and I haven't been drunk in a good long while


If life really is a race I'm half way to the finish line, not bad for a guy who doesn't like to run eh?

Up the Rebels!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger mayim said...

You kick ass. I'm sorry I missed your Thurdsay. Happpy belated your Thursday.

:)

M

ps: I didn't you you were being beseiged by the 30 too!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Murph said...

Thankyou, thankyou very much (ok so the Elvis thing dosen't translate well into written words:)

6:34 AM  
Blogger mayim said...

I always do it like so:


"Thanya ... thankyaberrymush!"

And it kinda works.

M

7:28 AM  
Blogger Murph said...

That works for me. (that has always been my problem with the written word, it is very difficult to express inflection:)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter