.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Professional Detachment


Lately I only feel like I'm part of the world when I'm viewing it through a lens.

Of course that could just be the layer of safety that accompanies the level of pure detachment that video provides.

No one really gets hurt in a picture.

None of it is real when you see it through a lens.

It's just a picture, a bit of video, a story.

Nobody's actually getting sick, or depressed or hateful.

The dead ones will be back for the cut-scene after the credits roll.

It's all safe and nice and contained.

And we'll all get to be together again soon...


It's the sort of comfort that most folks seek when they turn to religion, or drugs or science or love.


Sadly, that level of infectious, insidious, all consuming comfort is a luxury I can ill afford.

It dulls the senses, makes a person sloppy, encourages them to miss the really important bits.

And I've missed enough of those already. 




Maybe I should invest in a camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter