.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Friday, August 29, 2014

A friend of a friend of some guy who knows somebody


Said that they might be able to get me a job in the morning, making good money, relatively low stress, with decent benefits, in a building that doesn't smell like mold and rat turds...

I almost asked who they wanted me to kill in return.

I mean seriously, I was at the Dr.'s office yesterday, and was talking about my job with the little east Indian lady who was taking my pulse and she was talking about how much better working conditions were in Thailand and India than they've been in this area recently.  Now granted, she was educated so that means she probably had a family with money when she was living in India and in Thailand, but still, when you think about it, it's kinda sad that the comparison can even be made.


This is what goes through my mind when some wealthy douchbag in a suit that costs more than many of my employees made last month tells me that the folks who are working 60-90 hours per week on rotating shifts, reliably, for years at a time, don't deserve a raise because 'it's not like they're going to work any harder'.

I see pitchforks.

I see torches.

I have no trouble understanding why our police are acting like an occupying force

It is no great mystery to me why the media wants to disarm the public.

Why there have been bills proposed (and in some cases passed) to control the internet.
To control how much food and water a person can store in their home.
To restrict the availability of respirators and body armor.
To increase surveillance.

It doesn't surprise me at all when I see two, count 'em TWO major protest movements in this country in the last eight years, who are currently at odds (can't stand each other) but who are in essence saying the EXACT SAME THING about government corruption and corporate overreach.

Because I understand the mechanics of control.


I know that if people are kept divided, unarmed, mis-informed and unable to effectively communicate with each other, they are easily controlled.

It's not a great leap in logic.

And it's not that hard to do the math and find out just how many of these dire threats that we suddenly need protecting from are being manufactured to create panic.



So, the next time you hear a story citing thousands of incidents of anything in the course of a year, sit down with a calculator and divide that number by 350,000,000 (which is roughly the current population of this country).  Be mindful of the little e that pops up at the end of the number you get, if you don't know what it stands for look it up online.

But do this with any hot button issue, and realize just how small the effected portion of the population is.

Rule number one of social control, the wolf is always at the door.  Keep people afraid and you keep them malleable.

Keep people helpless and you keep them dependent.

And they will always accept, even demand that you take over control of their day to day lives to "keep them safe".



Never forget, safety is an illusion, always.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter