.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rants and Poetry of a Tired and Angry Man.

Just what the title says, don't look for anything too profound or earthshaking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am my title, the typically overeducated, disenfranchised, socially dysfunctional loudmouth. I am the disgruntled employee of the month.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fun folks 'n feed

So a week ago I had a birthday.  Not a big one just a regular old mile marker.

I don't normally celebrate my birthday, maybe dinner with family and a few close friends.  But I'm not that into gifts...  I figure I've got enough stuff, so unless it's something I can use or something I really really want I generally would rather just be wished well.  I generally don't even like most folks to notice, just the ones I care about.

So this year I had five people wish me a happy birthday.
Four of them are related to me in one way or another, and the fifth is someone who has only known me for a few months and was trying to do be cool (which I can appreciate, and am thankful for).

I just find it interesting that, with all the folks in my life who have claimed such close kinship with me, there were only five who actually remembered. 

I don't necessarily find it disappointing (not one for pointless glad handing).  But I do find it interesting.  Gives me an idea of who I'm dealing with, and that's always a good thing.


Oh well, another year older.

Let's see what this one brings.








The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did. 
― Faraaz Kazi―

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Website Counter